E khata has become an important document for almost all new buyers. If existing home owners wish to obtain E-Khata, then the following documents need to be submitted (for flats in BDA (Bangalore Development authority) and KHB (Karnataka Housing Board))
- Certificate of possession
- Sketch showing the location and measurement of property
- Affidavit regarding blood relationship
- Inheritence/Gift or Success certificate
- NOC from BDA for bifurcation or amalgamation of land
- Copy of previous property tax payment receipts
- Attested copy of registered title deed
- Application form given by BBMP
The above mentioned documents need to be scanned and submitted to BBMP. BBMP will take about 30 days to process the application for around high rise buildings, gramathana buildings, revenue extensions, and BDA re-conveyed areas, etc. In case of BDA or KHB properties, it would take around 7 days.
In case some documents are missing, BBMP will send a request to the applicant requesting for more information.