Users can apply for Index 2 reports online using government site and do not need to visit the sub-registrar's office to obtain the document. The government site can provide details on Index 2 document, transactions search report, and a copy of registered documents. Users will be able to take a print of the Index 2 document but all users might not be abble to download the extract 2 document.
Note that the links pasted below lead to external sites which often change. If any of the links do not work, please post a comment mentioning so and we will update the links in the article
The manual process to process transaction search report and Index 2 takes around 1 week. However, through this site, users can download these documents easily provided they know the required details. The below site can provide details on properties that were registered between 2002 and present.
Procedure to download index 2 document
- Visit the link
- Select "Document Number" option on the left hand side.
- Select "District" in which the document was registered.
- Select "SRO"- office where the document was registered.
- Enter the "Year" in which the document was registered.
- Enter the "Document Number" from your registration receipt.
- Click on the "Shodh" button. It will display details of your flat.
- Click on "Index 2" button. A pop up screen with title "Soochi Kramank 2" will appear.
- This is your Index 2. Take a print out.
- Click on "Request Document" in order to obtain a document Id. Save this ID. The document can be downloaded after 30 minutes using the "Download Document" option on left side.
- Note- The site works well on internet explorer. Users might face compatibility issues when using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.