indrefs.com

Sign in with Facebook
Sign in with Facebook
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Change Room Number-Flat Registration & Stamp Duty

Change Room Number-Flat Registration & Stamp Duty 2 years 3 months ago #3856

Had purchased a flat via booking in 1990 from a builder in Mumbai.

At that time the builder had given the room number as Ground Floor-B/202.The flat registration and stamp duty was paid against Ground Floor-B/202.However later on (at the time of possession-1992 something) the room alloted was changed to 2nd floor,B/204 with mutual understanding due to other complications on part of the builder.

Note that not only is there a change in the room number but the floor has also changed.Also, there is no B/202 Ground Floor apartment in the entire building.I wish to change the Room Number in flat registration documents and stampduty documents.

How can this be done?What all is required for this?
  • Vusp
  • Fresh Boarder
The administrator has disabled public write access.

replyhave something to say register login button

Change Room Number-Flat Registration & Stamp Duty 2 years 3 months ago #3859

Hi Vusp,

Do you have any proof of ownership of the new flat? For example, do you have any property tax payment receipts, some agreement or deed in which the new flat number is mentioned, etc?

Generally, a rectification deed needs to be executed for such a mistake. However, generally the seller and the buyer should both sign on such a deed. However, sometimes sub-registrar allows people to rectify the deed in absence of the original seller if sufficient proof of ownership is shown.

Thanks and Regards,
Krish
  • Krishna
  • There is nothing stronger than the power of inform
  • Thank you received: 139
Krish
www.indrefs.com

Ensure that you get professional help! My inputs are just guidelines!

For questions on how to post in the forum , click here
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Krishna.

Change Room Number-Flat Registration & Stamp Duty 2 years 3 months ago #3863

Hi Krish,
Thank you so much for your response Krish.In several reciepts for the payments made to the builder he has mentioned B/204 - 2nd Floor. I am residing in this place since the last 20 yrs and the society maintenence bills also carry B/204. I can make use of statement from the society I believe. I was confused about the use of rectification deed in this case, since this was not exactly a mistake but shortcomings on part of the builder.
Thanks,
VuSP
  • Vusp
  • Fresh Boarder

Change Room Number-Flat Registration & Stamp Duty 2 years 3 months ago #3867

Hi Vusp,

Even though it looks like a shortcoming, when someone looks at the sale deed it appears as a mistake. I would suggest that you get a rectification deed framed and visit the sub registrar office. You could use the receipts of payment of fee to the builder as proof to prove your ownership of property.

Apart from rectification deed, I do not see any other option for fixing this issue. Was the builder a local builder? If so, would it be possible for you to contact him? Sometimes it is possible to get the rectification deed executed quickly if the builder is willing to help you.

Thanks and Regards,
Krish
  • Krishna
  • There is nothing stronger than the power of inform
  • Thank you received: 139
Krish
www.indrefs.com

Ensure that you get professional help! My inputs are just guidelines!

For questions on how to post in the forum , click here

Change Room Number-Flat Registration & Stamp Duty 2 years 3 months ago #3873

Thanks again Krish.I can get in touch with the builder and co-operate with him on the rectification deed.Thanks again.
  • Vusp
  • Fresh Boarder

Time to create page: 0.468 seconds

Latest News

How can existing borrowers lower their interest ra...
24 Mar 2017 19:04 - Krishna

I am sure all of you must have gotten phone calls on reducing interest rates. However, all these red [ ... ]

How does Marginal Cost of Lending Rates (MCLR) Wor...
24 Mar 2017 18:13 - Krishna

We had earlier discussed on the different types of loans. Today, we will discuss on Marginal Cost of [ ... ]

Paying higher interest rate than your friends? Cha...
22 Mar 2017 19:23 - Krishna

I am sure that many of you would have noticed the fact that you were often paying higher interest ra [ ... ]

What is ROR (Record of Rights) and how can one obt...
15 Aug 2016 09:02 - Krishna

Right of Records (RoR) contains details regarding ownership of the property. It is an important docu [ ... ]

Big players to invest in Real Estate
28 Jul 2016 18:04 - Krishna

The Government of Tamil Nadu has invested Rs. 2847 crores through single window clearances without s [ ... ]