indrefs.com

Sign in with Facebook
Sign in with Facebook
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: TDS implication on land owner flat

TDS implication on land owner flat 7 months 3 weeks ago #8860

I am buying an under construction flat from the land owner's share in Hyderabad. Overall value of the flat is more than 50 lacs. There is a sale agreement and a work order and the total value of the flat is divided between the two, each less than 50 lac. The land owner is insisting on creating a third party work order on her husband's name and not on her own name, and I have been informed by the builder's agent that since there is a third party work order and a sale agreement each of value less than 50 lac and on different names, I would not have to deduct and pay TDS. I wanted to know if this is correct? Would I really not have to deduct and pay TDS because the overall value of the flat has been divided between a sale agreement and work order on a third party's name? I doubt this and would really appreciate your help in this regard.
  • Lavneesh
  • Fresh Boarder
The administrator has disabled public write access.

replyhave something to say register login button

TDS implication on land owner flat 7 months 3 weeks ago #8861

Hi Lavneesh,

Based on my understanding, purchaser needs to pay a 1% TDS on a property if the total consideration for the property is greater than 50 lakhs. In this case, I believe even though you are paying two people for amounts less than Rs. 50,00,000, you would need to deduct TDS at source and pay it to the government.

I would suggest checking with a CA to confirm this, in case of doubts or calling this out in front of the builder and land owner.

Thanks,
Krish
  • Krishna
  • There is nothing stronger than the power of inform
  • Thank you received: 141
Krish
www.indrefs.com

Ensure that you get professional help! My inputs are just guidelines!

For questions on how to post in the forum , click here
The administrator has disabled public write access.

replyhave something to say register login button

Time to create page: 0.469 seconds

Latest News

Residential demand unlikely to improve in 12-18 mo...
22 Oct 2017 09:27 - Krishna

Even though the number of affordavle housing projects are joing up in the recent times, the demand f [ ... ]

Affordable Housing may be next big thing
30 Jul 2017 07:52 - Krishna

Thanks to the govenrment's effort to lead to affordable housing, housing loans and sales in this cat [ ... ]

RERA deadline up on July 31st
30 Jul 2017 07:38 - Krishna

Builders are worried about the deadline to sign up for Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA). Any  [ ... ]

Documents uploaded on real estate sites cannot be ...
30 Jul 2017 07:04 - Krishna

Developers will now have to be careful when uploading documents with the Real Estate Regulatory Auth [ ... ]

Demonetization has not affected prices of properti...
23 Jul 2017 10:47 - Krishna

Recent studies show that in the first quarter of 2017, prices of under construction properties in De [ ... ]