indrefs.com

Sign in with Facebook
Sign in with Facebook
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Get property reviews, discussions, legal advice, expert opinions only on Chennai real estate forum. Post questions on property, apartments, plots and we will help you get your question answered. Get answers from other buyers, potential investors and experts before you buy a property in Chennai.

TOPIC: UDS Calculation

UDS Calculation 8 months 3 days ago #8685

Dear Sir,

I would seek clarification on UDS on behalf of all Flat owners in my apartment. We live in an small apartment of 6 Flats. As per our sale deed documents, the Land area is mentioned as "3600 Sq Ft". Each of our UDS & Plinth area is as below as per our Sale Deed document of our Flats respectively:

Total Land Area as mentioned in the Document: 3600 Sq.Ft

Flat No. 1 (Ground Floor): UDS: 521 Sq Ft / Plinth Area: 732 Sq Ft
Flat No. 2 (Ground Floor): UDS: 346 Sq Ft / Plinth Area: 486 Sq Ft
Flat No. 3 (Ground Floor): UDS: 502 Sq Ft / Plinth Area: 705 Sq Ft
Flat No. 4 (First Floor): UDS: 555 Sq Ft / Plinth Area: 778 Sq Ft
Flat No. 5 (First Floor): UDS: 374 Sq Ft / Plinth Area: 525 Sq Ft
Flat No. 6 (First Floor): UDS: 502 Sq Ft / Plinth Area: 705 Sq Ft

I tried to use your UDS calculator from your earlier posts, but I am unable to get the UDS as mentioned in our Sale Deed Documents (listed above). However I tried to reduce the total area just to try and get the above UDS and I found that when I entered the "Total Area of Land" as 2800 Sq. Ft instead of 3600 Sq.Ft, I am getting the above UDS for everyone as mentioned above. Therefore it looks like the actual land area cannot be 3600 Sq.Ft and can be only 2800 Sq.Ft as per your UDS calculator. Just to note, we do not have private car parking in our apartment, we just have some common space for bike parking. Does that mean that all of us have been cheated by our Builder? Is the total land area mentioned in our document totally wrong? or is there anything I am missing in the UDS calculation? Is there anything like special common areas apart from Plinth area which need to be considered in UDS calculation? Please help us understand!

Kindly help!

Thanks in advance,
Raja
  • raja
  • Fresh Boarder
The administrator has disabled public write access.

replyhave something to say register login button

UDS Calculation 8 months 2 days ago #8687

Hi Raja,

Since these UDS are from your sale deeds, if you simply add them up, you should get the total area of land. This comes out to be 2800 sq.ft. Are you sure that the land is 3600 sq.ft.? If not, I would recomment getting a surveyor to measure the land to ensure that the land area is right.

Thanks,
Krish
  • Krishna
  • There is nothing stronger than the power of inform
  • Thank you received: 141
Krish
www.indrefs.com

Ensure that you get professional help! My inputs are just guidelines!

For questions on how to post in the forum , click here

UDS Calculation 8 months 1 day ago #8692

Dear Krish,

Thanks for your quick response. Yes, you are absolutely right that the total UDS also comes to 2800 Sq.ft only. But in all our sale deed documents, it is mentioned as total Land measuring 3600 Sq.ft. Also, the Patta is in the name of the old land owner which also shows as "0 - 3.00" hectares.

Additionally to note, the boundaries of land in our sale deed documents are as below (it is an unequal quadrilateral)

East to West on Northern Side: 52 Feet (Bounded by Road)
East to West on Southern Side: 51 Feet (Bounded by Road)
North to South on Eastern Side: 50 Ft 6 Inches (Bounded by Road)
North to South on Western Side: 80 Feet ( Bounded by Other Plots)
In all measuring 3600 Sq.Ft as stated in all of our Flat Sale Deed Documents.

I believe even if we calculate the actual area of this unequal rectangle / quadrilateral according to the length of each four sides, it comes to less than 3600 sq.ft. But the Patta shows 0 - 3.00 which I believe means 3600 sq.ft. (Hope I am right here).

The builder has mentioned the boundaries correctly and UDS correctly as per 2800 sq.ft but mentioned the total land area as 3600 sq.ft in all our Flat sale deed documents?

Before going to an surveyor, I would like to know why could the builder who has Patta as 3600 sq.ft, take only 2800 sq.ft of land for UDS calculation, but mention it as 3600 in total measurement? Your feedback shall be greatly helpful. Thanks in advance,

Raja.
  • raja
  • Fresh Boarder

UDS Calculation 8 months 19 hours ago #8695

The UDS is normally given low when the builder sees an alternate plan for the property in future. If you have only 2800 sq.ft. as UDS, then when the property is rebuilt, he would also get the additional UDS.

Additionally, do you have some other facilities such as car park. If so, he might have retained UDS for it.

Thanks,
Krish
  • Krishna
  • There is nothing stronger than the power of inform
  • Thank you received: 141
Krish
www.indrefs.com

Ensure that you get professional help! My inputs are just guidelines!

For questions on how to post in the forum , click here

Time to create page: 0.532 seconds

Latest News

Demonetization has not affected prices of properti...
23 Jul 2017 10:47 - Krishna

Recent studies show that in the first quarter of 2017, prices of under construction properties in De [ ... ]

Clarification on registration of unapproved plots ...
21 Jul 2017 06:00 - Krishna

Clarifying its stand on registration of unapproved plots, Madras High Court has allowed registration [ ... ]

Things to know about GST
20 Jul 2017 07:06 - Krishna

GST has been applied as a law and has a few things that need to be confirmed as a part of its enforc [ ... ]

GST on under construction properties to be charged...
18 Jul 2017 05:25 - Krishna

The Goods and Services Tax (GST) schedule approved by GST council mentions that all under constructi [ ... ]

Impact of GST on properties: Should you buy now or...
17 Jul 2017 05:39 - Krishna

The complete impact of GST has still not been realized. So as a homebuyer, should you wait or buy a  [ ... ]