indrefs.com

Sign in with Facebook
Sign in with Facebook
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Get property reviews, discussions, legal advice, expert opinions only on Chennai real estate forum. Post questions on property, apartments, plots and we will help you get your question answered. Get answers from other buyers, potential investors and experts before you buy a property in Chennai.

TOPIC: CANCELLATION OF POWER OF ATTORNEY

CANCELLATION OF POWER OF ATTORNEY 6 months 2 days ago #8630

Dear Experts,
I have entered into power of attorney with a land owner and paid partial amount during 2005.
I have made agreement with another third person for selling this land and received the money from him for the sale of this land. However I did not pay the balance money to the owner
As the land owner came to know of this deal and he assumed that I have defaulted payment of balance amount, and he cancelled the power of attorney.
However due to pressure from the buyer I registered the land to my buyer but after one year after cancellation of Power of attorney. During the said period the register office was not tracking the cancellation of POA, and so my buyer did not know about this cancellation.
Now the land owner has filed a case that the sale is void as it was done on a cancelled Power of attorney.
Some body suggested that I should have filed a case against the cancellation of power of attorney on the owner of the land, earlier before registering the land. Is it so?
What is the remedy available to me? Can I plead that I owe only a partial amount to the land owner and so the cancellation of power of attorney is not proper and the sale is not void, and I am only required to pay the balance payable, which I am prepared to pay now.
Should I have filed one earlier and will this not filing a case against the cancellation of POA make my stand weak?
Or will the sale will be declared illegal and I can only file a suit for recovery of money paid on this account
  • dharan
  • Fresh Boarder
The administrator has disabled public write access.

replyhave something to say register login button

CANCELLATION OF POWER OF ATTORNEY 6 months 1 day ago #8637

Sale of land through power of attorney is firstly illegal. However, filing a case against the original owner would take some attention off the sale made by you. You would still be considered at fault since you sold the land without checking the power of attorney and both you and the original owner might have to pay fine for trying to avoid registration fee.

As long as a power of attorney is concerned, the original owner has the right to cancel it whenever he wants. That is the risk one runs with power of attorney,

Thanks,
Krish
  • Krishna
  • There is nothing stronger than the power of inform
  • Thank you received: 139
Krish
www.indrefs.com

Ensure that you get professional help! My inputs are just guidelines!

For questions on how to post in the forum , click here
The administrator has disabled public write access.

replyhave something to say register login button

Time to create page: 0.465 seconds

Latest News

Loss from immovable property (houses) can be set o...
22 Apr 2017 14:27 - Krishna

Based on the amendments effective from FY 2017-2018, any loss on house property incurred in a financ [ ... ]

Software problem creates Property Tax Payment issu...
22 Apr 2017 09:04 - Krishna

Software problem has thwarted BBMP's idea of collecting a lion's share of its property tax within th [ ... ]

How to maintain a high credit score?
16 Apr 2017 19:41 - Krishna

Various factors influence a credit score, some of them being: payment history, credit utilization ra [ ... ]

Depreciation on Rental Properties as an Indian Res...
16 Apr 2017 18:57 - Krishna

Rental income, which is often taxable and a source of income for many taxpayers, is considered passi [ ... ]

Ready Reckoner rate hike to increase hard
09 Apr 2017 20:46 - Krishna

The rise in ready reckoner rates in all prime locations of the city and its outskirts is to hit the  [ ... ]